A warm welcome to our April 2016 Newsletter
- Flyers for our main meetings in April in Newcastle & Middlesbrough
- Extra Meetings – in the daylight! Sorry Dracula!
1 Apologies for an unexpected delay in sending out the flyers for April. Please see attached
- The North of the region Adult AD/HD Support group meeting will be held in the Ivy Centre, St. Nicholas Hospital, Gosforth Newcastle NE3 3XT on Monday 18th from 18:15 onwards
- The South of the region meeting will be held in Middlesbrough on Wednesday 20th – please note: this will be at our new venue – Teeside University’s Middlesbrough Tower, TS1 3BA. (Flyer with details)
2 AD/HD Workshops. Following the success of the Adult AD/HD workshops that we held at Tyneside Recovery College in February and March – we have a new set of workshops planned for the end of April / throughout May, at the same venue. 5th Floor Broadacre House, Market Street, Newcastle. Get in touch with us or the Recovery College for further information. Workshops dates:-
- Wednesday 27th April 1 – 3 pm
- Wednesday 4th May 1 – 3 pm
- Wednesday 11th May 1 – 3 pm
- Wednesday 18th May 1 – 3 pm
- Wednesday 25th May 1 – 3 pm
NB These workshops are totally from an AD/HD perspective: informal, interesting and unpredictable in good ways! In other words, they fit beautifully into the ethos of Tyneside Recovery College. I was going to say a partnership made in AD/HD heaven but I won’t! The theme of these workshops will build on the basics we covered from November, February and March and include a focus on other conditions linked to AD/HD. Get in touch if you require further details.
3 New daylight monthly meetings: People Affected By AD/HD
To give us an opportunity to reach people who cannot make the evening meetings, two of our wonderful members will be taking the lead in organising a series of monthly daytime meetings at Tyneside Recovery College, 5th Floor, Broadacre House, Market Street, Newcastle.
- Monday 25th April 12-2pm
- Monday 23rd May 12-2pm
- Monday 27th June 12-2pm
- Monday 25th July 12-2pm
4 That’s not all – Gemma and Corrie will be broadcasting regular podcasts very soon!
Further details on all the above will be on the website. The Tyneside Recovery College Prospectus also gives details of our meetings and workshops and a plethora of other excellent courses they have available which encompass a wide range of topics relating to mental health and wellbeing. If you require a copy, please let us know. I’d attach their PDF here but it is quite a large file.
Love & peace to all in these rather challenging times! Divvan give up, we’ve got lifebelts to spare!